Friday, November 21, 2008

Volvo Ocean Race stories and articles for magazines, newspapers, websites

Though Volvo Ocean Race is getting exposure in media, the awareness of the importance of Volvo Ocean Race and how special it's for India seems to be less. I compile this statement from the responses I have got from around 30 publications; I approached with a story idea on Volvo Ocean Race. I had different story ideas for different publications, in accordance with the publication, both in India and abroad, in print and online. Either there is no response from the other end or I get the response: We don't find anything unique in such a race!

At least, I am glad, I have two stories related to Volvo Ocean Race - one was to appear in November issue, now postponed for December issue - it is more of a travelogue about the place while my next assignment is post-event travelogue format story.

The advantage I have over several other freelance writers is I live in Kochi and I am following the race through press releases and interaction with the organizers and PR of race teams since the beginning. I will be visiting the Race Village every day to report events on my blog and for my writing assignment.

No comments: